Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Carol: Sunday, March 5.  Picked up my bike and bought a new riding jacket, gloves, and pump.  I left the house in the afternoon planning on riding around the neighborhood and just getting used to being on a bike again.  At this time I should mention that I rode the STP in 1993 with my dad and have not been on a bike since then.  Anyway, it took me a little time to get my balance down along with the shifting but once I did I decided I was really having fun.  My route went from around the neighborhood to Lake Whatcom, Bellingham harbor and the airport. Started thinking about riding to Lummi Island but decided to call home first and check-in since I was gone longer then anticipated.  Ring, ring, ring...no answer.  It really sucks to realize that you've ridden further then planned and now have to ride home which includes Yew Street hill and Lakeway Drive which is very heavily traveled and narrow in spots.

Training notes:
17 miles, average speed 16.5 mph
Ear ache at the beginning of ride from strong winds
Legs felt great until Yew Street hill......sucky from that point until home.
Make sure to always take drivers license and debit card or have plenty of snacks

No comments:

Post a Comment