Sunday, March 11, 2012

Carol - After a bit of contemplation this week I decided to buy a trainer for my bike.  I could continue to ride my miles on foul weather days at the health club but I don't want to spend two, three or more hours there.  Also, I'd like to ride on my bike so I can make sure I won't have  problems with comfort in the saddle during the event.  So off to REI to buy a Cycle Ops.  At least the purchase decision was easy since I just bought the same one Cassandra has.  Rich and I were both a little frustrated though with the actual instructions to put it together, however, now that I look back we were making it much more difficult then it really needed to be. Oh well, it works great now that we've got it figured out.
The most exciting news for me today was learning that there is a gradient map for Bellingham.  My friend Karen was actually tasked with this project when she worked for the city.  Yeah Karen!! I now know what hills to ride in order to train properly for the big hill that comes on mile 45 of the ride.

Training:
None unfortunately since we were so busy with errands and getting my trainer ready

Purchased:
Cycle Ops and also a bike mirror that plugs into my handlebar end.

No comments:

Post a Comment