Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Carol: Bike purchase$$$

Carol: Saturday, March 4, Cassandra came up for the weekend to help me make my final bike selection.  After much research and visiting many bike stores I decided I liked working with Kulshan Bike the best.  So after working out at the gym, riding for sixty minutes and lifting weights (Cassandra insisted we do this first) we cleaned up and headed to the bike shop.  I decided if I found a bike that really fit well I'd go ahead and buy it since they had the best customer service.  We tried a few bikes and found one I really liked...funny thing is that Cassandra was suppose to ride the other bike I was going to try but there was a small problem...my legs are a lot longer than hers and as I started down the road I hear "Mom, Mom, I can't ride this one".  When I looked back at her it was obvious her feet didn't reach the pedals on the down stroke.  Funny!!
My bike choice was easy.  It was all the other gear that dazed and confused me.  Good thing Cassandra was there and well prepared with her list.  It's amazing how much that list cost me and even more amazing that I still have items left to purchase. 

Training notes:
Ride length 60 minutes...probably 15 miles
Distance between our two bikes odometers .5 miles
Cassandra sweat is like water, whereas mine is more salty
No problems for me, however, Cassandra's seat went numb

No comments:

Post a Comment