Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Carol - I have been negligent in posting lately.  I think this goes hand in hand with my mental state.  It has been very difficult for me to ride on the trainer lately.  Yes, I have been putting my miles in mid-week which is twenty to thirty, however, this week I decided to spread them out over two days.  Yesterday I rode seven miles at the gym on the spin cycle.  This was once again interval training with some high intensity interspersed with recovery pace.  For some reason time seems to go faster when I am at the gym.  I'm not sure if that's because of the distraction of other people working out or if it's my competitive nature to succeed (especially within eyesight of other people).  Anyway, I finished my workout with an intense weight lifting session and felt great.
Today I had planned on riding the rest of my miles in the morning, however, the plumber was here to finish the bathroom and the faucet fittings we had bought would not fit.  So, off I went to find another so he can come back before Cassandra comes home this weekend.  I wasn't in the mood to go to town so I decided that I would go to REI first to purchase a few items on my continuous bike "need" list.  This was something I could at least get excited about.  I was so happy when I found two hot pink jersey's:  one short sleeve and the other sleeveless, a pair of biking shorts, riding glasses with interchangeable lenses, arm warmers, fingerless gloves (for when it warms up) that match my bike colors, and two pair of socks.  All my pretty's will inspire me to ride more, and I'm sure faster.  Then off to get the new faucet, a few groceries and back home. The weather warmed up while I was in town so I decided to find some good hills close by the house and finish my miles for the day.  I ended up riding some of the same roads I had ridden when I first got my bike.  I remembered how difficult some of the hills were so I was pleased when I breezed up them without stopping.  I was at mile six riding up Euclid when I felt that familiar female feeling of warmth.  Way to break in the new biking shorts!!  Of course I headed home feeling cheated out of a longer ride...but that's okay, because this weekend we are scheduled to ride one hundred miles....I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment