Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Carol - This past weekend I rode on my trainer Saturday since the weather was so poor.  Saturday's ride was 25 miles in the morning.  I had intended to ride another 25 in the evening but, alas, it didn't happen.  All I can say is "it's boring riding in the house for that amount of time".  When I'm on the road at least distractions and pretty scenery make the time and miles go by faster.
Sunday, I again was going to go for a long ride.  The weather was marginal all day and I was afraid another big storm like Saturday's would blow through so I didn't get on my bike until about eight pm.  We had just finished dinner and I decided I needed to ride and I needed to ride now.  I didn't even think about the hour I usually wait after a big meal.  I just knew I wanted to ride now, in the sun, and on the road.  So I took off.  I decided since I wouldn't be getting the miles I wanted because of the late start I would do hill work.  So I rode up Lakeway and decided to try Cable Street which is very steep.  I made it to the top but could tell my dinner was sitting very heavy in my stomach.  I changed my plans a bit because of the stomach issue and so I could look at the pretty houses and yards by the lake.  I rode down all the side roads to the lake shore and than rode back up to the main road which was also a hill.  I did this the whole way back.
My biggest issue with some of my rides is my impatience.  Had I waited tonight I would have felt a lot better on my ride and my performance would be much better.  I hope someday I learn to slow down a bit and prepare properly.

Miles  10
Average speed 12.5  (all hills though)
Stomach was upset when I got home because I didn't wait long enough after eating to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment