Monday, June 4, 2012

Carol - Monday.  I actually need to catch up blogging for three rides tonight.  First was Wednesday's ride.  After taking Memorial weekend off I felt like I was neglecting my training rides.  I spent most of the day running errands and put my ride off until early evening while I waited to see what the weather really would do....like rain or not rain.  About 7:00 I decided it was going to rain for sure so I put my bike on the trainer and watched TV for a while.  Then I thought well I'd like to ride for more time so maybe I'll watch a movie.  On-demand had several that I wanted to see but there was one that I had wanted to see in the Theater "Gone".  It was within five seconds after I hit the buy button that I started questioning myself.  It was a scary movie and I don't watch those when I'm home alone.  Well, I thought "I'll just shut my eyes or turn my head if I need to".  So I continued to ride....it actually improved my performance because every time it got scary I rode faster.  Anyway thirty five miles and one scary show later I finished my ride.  It's too bad that I had nighmares and ended up hitting Rich a couple of times in the middle of the night leaving a huge black and blue mark on him arm.  Sorry Rich!

Saturday - It rained all day.  Not just showers but full blown rain.  In fact, Rich and I were tired from the previous weekend so we woke up late and watched a movie in bed.  This is something I will usually only do in the winter and only once or twice a year.  It was very nice given the weather.  About three o'clock we turned on a movie and I got on the bike and rode (again on the trainer).  My goal for the weekend was to start riding both weekend days; similar to the STP but not the distance.  I decided my goal for Saturday would be twenty five to thirty five miles.  At the end of my ride I had rode 25.5 miles.....however, I rode the distance at a twenty miles per hour average.  Also, I felt really good afterwards.

Sunday - It rained all day again, however, about the time I decided I'd put the bike on the trainer the sun came out.  I decided I'd put on my riding clothes and just ride around the neighborhood.  Once I was out on the rode though I just couldn't stop.  I had told Rich before I left I'd be gone a very short time since I hadn't eaten much.  I started down the road to Lakeway and decided I'd ride to one of my very short very steep training hills and out to Lake Whatcom.  Once there I decided I wasn't ready to got back yet so I called Rich to give him my new plan and rode into town, then to Fairhaven, back through town and out to the letter streets and on finally to the yacht club.  By the time I decided to quit for the night I had rode twenty five miles.  I actually tried "Nuun" a sports drink that some of my friends swear by....I have to say I felt great especially for not eating right before my ride.  Tomorrow I am sending some to Cassandra for her to try.  I will use this product again.  Since I had decided I wouldn't worry about speed I really just enjoyed the ride....in fact I enjoyed it a lot.  I returned home very happy and excited to ride again which is not always the case.  It pays to just sit back and enjoy the view....I think I'll do it more often.  It really brought home why and how much I like to cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment